Diabetes, Concussions, Bites and Stings, Allergies, Mental Health, 504s, Drugs of Abuse, Active Shooter, RLAS (LGBTQ Suicide Prevention), School Nurse support
This event offers 20.0 CEU credits to attendees.
Day 1 – June 18, 2018
- Bites & Stings - Stephen Boron, MD
- Wrapping Your Head Around Concussions – What role do schools play in return to play? Scott Crawford, MD
- Meds on the Loose! A review of medication side-effects - Sal Baeza, PharmD
- Abuse, Neglect and Violence - Stormy Monks, PhD, MPH, CHES
- Drugs of Abuse - Susan Smolinske, PharmD
- Environmental Allergens - Michelle Zeager, DO, MPH
- Mental Health Disorders - Sarah Martin, MD and Laurel Payne, DO
Day 2 – June 19, 2018
- “Counter-Terrorism Liaison” Training - Adam L. Simonson, Bureau Chief – Intelligence and Security & Director – NM All Source Intelligence Center/ State Fusion Center, NM Dept of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Safe Schools Planning in New Mexico - Lisa Hecker, MS, NMCEM, Safe Schools Coordinator, NM PED Active Shooter Training - Andrew J. Lehocky, Police Officer, Albuquerque Police Dept. & John M. Sharkey, Deputy Sheriff Bernalillo County
Track 2 (RLAS Participants Only)
- RLAS Project Update - Daniel Shattuck, MA, and Mary Ramos, MD, MPH
- RLAS Leadership - Amy Green, PhD and Jenn Jevertson, MS
- Resource Highlights: GLSEN, NMGSAN, TGRC - Havens Levitt, Chris Allers and Adrien Lawyer
- Lessons Learned: Successes & Challenges - Janie Lee Hall, BSN, RN, Cynthia Greenberg, MSN, RN and Jenn Jevertson, MS
- Experiential Tools for Your Toolkit - Jenn Jevertson, MS
Day 3 – June 20, 2018 (1/2 day)
- School Nurses Role in Mental Health - Rebecca Trujillo, MSN, RN & Valerie Lopez, LMSW
- 101 on 504’s - Lisa Patch, MSN, RN, NCSN Director of Health Services Alamogordo Public Schools
Interested In Attending This Event?
Use the registration form in the News and Announcements section of this site.