Graduate Education Certificate Opportunity - Application deadline TOMORROW
Tuition stipends are available.
· Do you work in Maternal Child Health (MCH)?
· Are you interested in improving health outcomes for children and families in New Mexico?
· Is it difficult to take classes because of work/family demands?
· Have you been looking for a public health program that specializes in regional MCH issues and can help you further your career?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please consider becoming a non-degree graduate student and completing an 11 credit Graduate Certificate in Maternal Child Health.
The certificate is made up of four graduate level courses. Topics to be covered include:
· Essentials of Public Health
· Professional Practice
· Leadership and Management
The anticipated start date for the program is January 9, 2017. Each course will consist of MCH content-specific modules, delivered online. There will be two required in-person class workshops per year, at the beginning of the spring and fall semesters. A scholarly paper on an emerging MCH issue will be written over the course of the first semester. Courses will receive graduate level academic credit. Tuition stipends are available.
Faculty are from:
· UNM Master of Public Health Program
· New Mexico State University Department of Public Health Sciences (NMSU),
· UNM Center for Rural and Behavioral Health in the Department of Psychiatry (CRCBH), and
· Practitioner experts from a variety of public health fields
Applications are due October 3, 2016. The application and other certificate details are attached.
Please go to https://publichealth.nmsu.edu/nmmchpublichealthtraining/ or contact Noell Stone, MPH (email@example.com) for more information.
Many thanks for sharing this opportunity.